Current openings are listed below,
select a position for more information
MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Marketing)
WORKSTUDY/INTERNSHIPS (Dance Center Operations)
TEACHING ASSISTANT/TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM (The School)
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.
Reports to: Marketing Director
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Mark Morris Dance Group seeks a creative, driven individual with a strong work ethic and eye for detail to join its fast-paced, high-demand marketing department. The department serves the full organization. The right individual will be enthusiastic, highly organized, and able to see the big picture while being attuned to the smallest details.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assist with marketing for the touring Dance Group.
- Create marketing kit for each tour season.
- Provide marketing content to venues that present the Mark Morris Dance Group– including photos, videos, informational copy, etc.
- Coordinate and provide copy for programs.
- Maintain one-sheets, press kits, bios, etc.
- Manage the filing and internal distribution of press articles.
- Assist with the creation and management of marketing campaigns.
Provide marketing support for the School and Dance Center in Brooklyn.
- Assist with the creation and management of marketing campaigns for master classes, Dance Center events, School programs, and summer camps.
- Maintain distribution list of local press and event listings.
- Assist with the creation of print ads, brochures, flyers, calendars in-house, and manage relationships with graphic designers and print houses.
Assist with Special Projects – photo exhibits, experiential marketing campaigns, etc.
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, preferably within the cultural sector.
- Superb communication, writing, and proofing skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, and Reader; Microsoft Office Suite; Google Analytics and AdWords.
- Self-driven; able to multitask and lead interns to extend your work.
- Experience with a performing arts organization and/or a background in or love of dance is a plus.
- Availability to work some late nights and weekends as needed.
- $28 - $35K, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary dental coverage, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Please provide the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position.
- Complete resume, including salary history and salary requirements.
- An example of a marketing campaign you implemented, including results.
Indicate Marketing Associate on the subject line of email and in body of cover letter. Applications in electronic format accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.