Facility Team – Custodial Team Member
Reports to: Dance Center Production and Facility Manager
Immediate Start Date
The Mark Morris Dance Center is home to the Mark Morris Dance Group, The School, a Studio Rental program and a Wellness Center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain/clean assigned areas of building in an acceptable manner as determined by supervisor. Areas may include; restrooms, stairwells, rehearsal studios, lounge areas, offices, etc.
• Utilize designated cleaning products to ensure that all areas are properly cleaned and disinfected
• Dispose of all garbage and recyclable material generated within assigned areas, and report any hazardous conditions that may be encountered.
• Maintain a safe working environment during all cleaning activities.
• Inform supervisor of any needed repairs as they occur, and assist with repairs as needed.
• Snow removal
• Assist with supply inventory, i.e. keep stock organized and inform supervisor when supply is low. Occasional overtime as needed
• Prior experience as a Custodian
• Experience with materials, tools and equipment used in custodial work such as a buffing machine a plus
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Available to work weekdays and weekends, AM and/or PM shifts
• $10 - $12/ hour based on experience
• Voluntary Health and Life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, dental coverage, and 403(b) retirement plan
Please provide the following as part of your application
• Complete resume, including wage history
• Contact information for three (3) job references
• Indicate Custodial Team on the subject line of email or in body of cover letter
• Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mailed applications – Human Resources, Mark Morris Dance Group, 3 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11217
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.