SUBSIDIZED RENTAL PROGRAM
Rehearsing for a dance showing or performance in New York state? Apply to our Subsidized Rental Program to receive:
Subsidized rental rates* for any studio, at any time during Dance Center hours (subject to availability)
Our quick and easy application process takes less than 5 minutes to complete.
*Subsidized Rental Rates:
$10/hour: Studios B, and C; Howard Hodgkin Studio (Studio A), the Independence Community Foundation Studio, and the Robert W. Cole Studio
$15/hour: James and Martha Duffy Performance Space
Criteria for Qualification:
1. The purpose of the rehearsal must be to prepare for a New York state dance showing and performance (no music, theater, opera, etc.). Auditions, classes, and workshops do not qualify.
2. Applicants must submit proof in print or electronically (preferred) of the performance for the work being prepared. This can be:
- a contract from a presenter
- a festival commitment letter
- the first page of the rental contract from the venue, if self-presenting
- a link to your performance landing page on the venue's website
The Subsidized Studio Rental Program is supported, in part, by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Capezio/Ballet Makers Foundation; and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in Partnership with the City Council, and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.