Position: School Administrator
Reports to: School Director
The Mark Morris Dance Group (MMDG) is seeking a School Administrator whose primary responsibilities include providing administrative support to the development and execution of The School programs and acting as the lead liaison between parents, students, and staff. This full-time position is part of a five-person Education Department. Reporting to the School Director, the School Administrator is integral to the planning, implementation, and overall organizational efficiency of the Education programs at a vibrant, bustling Dance Center which celebrates diversity in a fully inclusive learning environment.
The Mark Morris Dance Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is stronger for the variety of perspectives, experiences, identities, and skills of our staff. A successful candidate will join a community of dedicated arts professionals who are propelled by Mark Morris’ commitment to equity, artistic excellence, access to the arts, and the impact that arts have in connecting and engaging communities. In our daily work, we are proactive, detail-oriented, and passionately interested in exceeding past success. We collectively strive to foster an environment where we are present, accountable, and supportive.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Serve as lead liaison for parents and students (registrations, class recommendations, payments, and account questions) and maintain customer experience platform, Zendesk
- Onboard prospective and new families to ensure they are fully immersed into the Dance Center’s community
- Maintain office hours during peak School hours in order to serve as a resource for The School community including families, students, faculty and staff
- Maintain The School database and update resources, including class rosters and payment plans, as well as provide reports and analysis on programming
- Maintain The School calendar in the MindBody software with Teaching Artist, Musician, and Assistant Teaching Artist schedules, including substitutes, class cancellations, and holidays ensuring accurate and timely payroll reporting
- Oversee bi-annual Parent Observation Dates including scheduling and dissemination of information
- Work in conjunction with Operations team to ensure all program details are disseminated effectively, accurately, and properly
- Work in tandem with the Front Desk to troubleshoot registration issues and facilitate any conflict resolution between faculty, students/parents and staff
- Assist Marketing Department with the coordination and dissemination of School Newsletters, seasonal communication (Parent Observation Dates, Letters of Recommendation, Dance Camp info packets), holidays, schedule changes, and photo and video documentation
- Assist Development Department with the collection of demographic information on a quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain a standard of excellent customer service to all Mark Morris Dance Group constituents
- Communicate information on all Mark Morris Dance Group programs, classes and services to visitors
- Field inquiries by phone, email and in-person regarding all Dance Center programs
- Arrange substitute teachers and accompanists as needed
- Provide support for Education events at the Dance Center and off-site
- Assist Director of Education with special projects as needed
- Serve as a Fire Guard for the Dance Center
- Other duties as assigned
YOU ARE A GREAT CANDIDATE FOR THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Have a Bachelor of Arts in Dance or Dance Education
- Have a minimum of one year of customer service and administrative experience
- Have experience working with electronic scheduling and point of sale software
- Are interested in working with the public (kids, adults, and seniors)
- Are proficiency with MS Office and experienced with web-based software
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Are friendly, polite and able to operate and respond in a vibrant and dynamic environment
- Are extremely reliable and punctual
- Can act with diplomacy and patience under pressure
- Are well organized, can multi-task and have strong and concise oral and written communication skills
- 40 hours per week
- Ability to work Tuesday through Saturday schedule and be flexible when necessary
- $32,000 - $35,000
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Paid time off, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary dental and vision coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, and pretax commuter benefits
- Access to the Wellness Center (MMDG’s private exercise facility), unlimited free dance classes and subsidized rehearsal space at the Dance Center
Résumé and Cover Letter outlining your educational and professional experience
Indicate School Administrator on the subject line of email or in body of cover letter
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No calls please
The internationally-renowned Mark Morris Dance Group (MMDG) has received “highest praise for their technical aplomb, their musicality, and their sheer human authenticity.” (Bloomberg News). Founded in 1980, the Dance Group performs the repertory of choreographer Mark Morris, hailed as the “the most successful and influential choreographer alive, and indisputably the most musical” (The New York Times), whose work is acclaimed for its ingenuity, musicality, wit, and humanity. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996, and regularly collaborates with orchestras and opera companies around the world.
The Mark Morris Dance Center, founded in 2001, is the home of the Dance Group, and the hub of dance and music education in Brooklyn. The seven-studio building, which includes the James and Martha Duffy Performance Space, provides affordable classes in multiple genres for people of all ages, levels, and abilities, accompanied by live music. The studios and ancillary spaces are available to the community and to nonprofit organizations at subsidized rates. MMDG also rents space to health practitioners in its Wellness Center. The Dance Center serves over 4,000 people each week with programming centered around access, community, creative choice, and artistic excellence.
In addition to 19 full-time dancers, the organization employs 45 full-time staff, and more than 100 part-time staff, teaching artists, and musicians.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.