Position: Database Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
As the Dance Group approaches its 40th anniversary in 2020, key investments in operations, capital and program expansion, and legacy planning are essential. The Database Coordinator plays a vital role in supporting the organization’s development by maintaining, centralizing, and advancing data integrity to support a deeper patron relationship (360-patron view) and analysis and development of the Mark Morris Dance Group’s patron journey. The ideal candidate will have a love of excel, backend organization and databases, attention to detail, and building reports.
This position provides a unique opportunity for a someone who enjoys serving as a liaison to multiple departments – harnessing data from multiple sources - and lives to navigate the complexities of various databases to bring our institution into the 21st century and have a lasting impact on one of the world’s leading dance institutions.
The successful candidate will join a community of dedicated arts professionals who are propelled by Mark Morris’ commitment to artistic excellence and access to the arts and the impact that arts have in connecting and engaging communities. In our daily work, we are proactive, detail-oriented, and passionately interested in exceeding past success. We collectively strive to foster an environment where we are present, accountable, and supportive.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Oversee regular (weekly, monthly, seasonal) data imports into MMDG’s master CRM database, Raiser’s Edge NXT and List Management from 8 different patron entry point software applications including class registration, ticketing, email, point of sale, scheduling, e-commerce, and donation platforms.
- Maintain existing Omatic import profiles to successfully bridge imports and build new profiles as needed
- Coordinating with the Finance Manager, Development Associate, Marketing and Education staff to insure accurate record reconciliation
- Export data monthly from Raiser’s Edge NXT List Management to Audience 360, a shared New York Arts Marketing resource.
- Add constituent records to the database from ad hoc sources
Develop transparent written standard operating policies and procedures for data management across activities:
- maintain existing Data Flow Chart
- improve existing data integration and import management manuals
- communicate and provide training on data best practices
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director and various departments to develop a regular system of reporting to key stakeholders with an emphasis on queries, custom reports and data analysis
- Collaborate with Marketing and Development Directors to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to proactively develop and implement strategies for new and renewed engagement
- Prepare complex data queries, exports and reports as necessary for marketing and fundraising outreach, improved stewardship and cultivation, and tracking of trends or patterns among constituents
- Conduct research into current and potential patrons to assist MMDG with understanding the evolving pathways for deepening engagement with its constituents
- Improve data hygiene and integrity by managing a schedule for regular data improvements such as regularly running NCOA and other data integrity applications to ensure records are up to date, catching and merging duplicate records in a timely manner, etc.
- Special projects as needed
You are a great candidate for this job if you:
- Have 2 years of experience with database maintenance and problem-solving
- Have an aptitude for dealing and working with technology and troubleshooting
- Have successfully imported records from various databases
- Love systems; setting up clear and transparent processes for improved workflow
- Are inspired by Mark Morris’ work and our programs!
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Enjoy identifying new and creative ways of working that improve productivity and add value to the organization
- Work well with others towards common purposes to achieve shared goals by developing and maintaining responsive, cooperative and mutually beneficial internal and external relationships Are highly motivated and able to translate ideas into action
- Can balance working independently with minimum supervision with seeking advice from peers and senior staff
- Have proficiency in CRM software such as Raiser’s Edge, Omatic – Import and List Management modules, Outbound and Counterpoint POS, Ovation and Eventbrite Tickets, Slack, Outlook, Asana
- Have advanced excel skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary vision and dental coverage, Pre-tax Commuter benefit and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Access to the Wellness Center, free dance classes (adults and kids) and subsidized studio rental rates at the Dance Center.
Cover letter including salary requirement and three professional references.
- References will not be contacted without your prior consent
- Applications without a salary requirement may not be considered
- Indicate Database Coordinator on the subject line of email.
- Applications in electronic format accepted at email@example.com
Discalced, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce
Housed in the Mark Morris Dance Center, in the heart of the Brooklyn Cultural District, the Mark Morris Dance Group works daily to pursue excellence in artistry and education. Founded in 1980 by Mark Morris, the company includes 18–20 dancers and numerous musicians (from solo artists to orchestras and choirs) performing selections from its 150+ repertory, 45 full-time staff, and more than 100 part-time staff and teaching artists, all committed to bringing the best in performance and education to people in NYC and tour cities. The Mark Morris Dance Center is also home to The School, a Studio Rental program and a Wellness Center. The Dance Center provides 160 weekly classes serving 1,800 children ages 18 months – 18 years. The Adult Program serves approximately 700 students per week through a variety of classes, workshops, master classes, and intensives. MMDG’s Community Education Programs serve the greater New York City area working with NYC Department of Education public and charter schools and community centers that serve NYC Housing Authority, seniors, and special needs populations among others.