Position: Front Desk Associate
Reports to: Operations Manager
Application Deadline: August 14, 2017
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicate information on all MMDG programs, classes, and services to visitors.
- Answer MMDG telephone line and route calls as necessary, troubleshooting visitor requests.
- Maintain Dance Center visitor sign-in log for all vendors, renters, staff guests, and Wellness Center clients.
- Serve as a liaison between students, renters, and administrative staff.
- Maintain proper appearance of the front desk area, including inventory of brochures and other printed materials.
- Supervise Work/Study and assist with training.
- Accept incoming mail and packages to the Dance Center.
- Serve as a Fire Guard for the Dance Center.
- Open and close the building.
- Oversee studio rental check-in using EMS event management software.
- Support Rental Manager in booking rehearsal space, building rental invoices, and processing payments.
- Assist with the needs of studio renters (climate control, accessories, keys).
- Supervise adult class sign in.
- Respond to inquiries and process registrations for Children/Teen and Adult classes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in working with our Dance Center community (children, adults, and seniors—from 2 to 92 years old).
- Proficiency with MS Office; experience with scheduling and POS software a plus.
- Ability to act with diplomacy and patience under pressure.
- Presents oneself in a mature, polished, polite, friendly manner.
- Willing to complete Fire Guard Certification test and basic first aid/CPR training.
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); second language is a plus.
- Ability to act responsibly, reliably, and efficiently within an office environment.
- Two+ years of customer service and administrative experience preferred.
- 4-5 shifts per week, Monday-Saturday, to be determined based on current schedule and availability
- May be asked to flex schedule depending on other staffing needs at the Dance Center
Benefits and Compensation:
- Hourly wage: $12 per hour
- Free dance classes at the Mark Morris Dance Center and access to the Wellness Center, MMDG’s exercise facility.
- Staff discount on premium dancewear and MMDG merchandise in The Store.
- Pre-tax deduction for commuter expenses up to $255 per month (current 2017 federal limit).
Applications must include:
- Résumé outlining your education and professional experience.
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this position, including availability (mornings, afternoons, evenings, Monday-Saturday).
- Three professional references. References will not be contacted without your consent.
- Indicate Front Desk Associate on the subject line of email or in body of cover letter.
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please.