Position: Development Intern
Reports to: Development Director
The Development Intern will gain hands-on experience in all aspects of fundraising, assisting the four-person development staff with individual and institutional cultivation and stewardship, special events, and donor database maintenance, including:
- Assisting in donor gift processing, including updating membership and donor records, and drafting donor communications
- Researching funding opportunities from current and prospective individual and institutional donors using online databases and preparing prospect profiles
- Writing proposals and reports to private foundations, government entities, and corporations and gaining hands-on experience with grant-writing
- Soliciting in-kind donations from local businesses for events and community perks program;
- Planning and execution of special events such as building tours, donor receptions, and MMDG Open House, among others;
- Opportunity for training and practical experience in donor/patron database program (The Raiser’s Edge)
- Assisting in providing VIP ticketing and patron services surrounding MMDG performances (schedule permitting)
- Additional administrative assistance as needed to development staff
- Superb attention to detail
- Responsible, reliable and efficient
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and general internet proficiency
- Background in dance, music, theater, or performing arts is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence in taking on new tasks
- Applicants for a development internship should submit a writing sample along with their application. Samples can be any type of writing that demonstrates a persuasive appeal (application essay, opinion piece, letter of introduction, etc.)
- Resume including education and work experience.
- Cover letter detailing what you would like to gain from your internship, how you would contribute to the efforts of MMDG and your availability.
- One recommendation letter
- Three references (no family members please)
- Indicate Internship - Development on the subject line of email AND in your cover letter
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at email@example.com.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- General MMDG Internship information is available on the main internships landing page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to everyone. You will receive a confirmation email of your application being received. You will be contacted if we are interested in your application.