Position: Education Intern
Reports to: Education Team
The Mark Morris Dance Group Education Department provides people of all ages and abilities access to meaningful artistic experiences. Through The School and Community Education Programs, there are unique opportunities for over 3,800 students annually to explore, create, and celebrate dance and music with professional and diverse faculty throughout Brooklyn and New York City.
As Education Intern, you have an imperative role that assists day to day operations, participates in strategic planning, and communicates the mission of Mark Morris Dance Group to our families, teachers, and community members. From observing class to representing the company, the Education Internship is a comprehensive opportunity for those invested in exploring a career in dance education. Specifically, we are recruiting interns interested in and available to support day to day business over the span of August 2018 through October 2018 as we prepare for and begin the 2018-2019 Academic Year. A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for 12 weeks is preferable. This opportunity is a unique chance to work within the Education team at one of our busiest times of year.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensure accuracy of robust support systems for teaching artists, musicians, and assistant teaching through database management and reporting
- Participate in weekly and monthly strategy meetings with Education, Marketing, Development, and Operations departments to develop an understanding of organizational goals
- Represent the Mark Morris Dance Group at Education events both on and off-site, including the opportunity to assist in a weekly dance class
- Contribute to day-to-day management and scheduling of Education Programs both on and off-site
- Create systems to streamline implementation of The School, Adult, and Community Programs
- Process and synthesize evaluations to reflect on program effectiveness
- Field registration inquiries for The School and Adult Programs at the Mark Morris Dance Center
The following is required as part of your application:
- Resume including education and work experience
- Cover letter detailing what you would like to gain from your internship, how you would contribute to the efforts of Mark Morris Dance Group and your availability
- One recommendation letter
- Three references (no family members please)
- Indicate Internship - Education on the subject line of email AND in your cover letter
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- General Mark Morris Dance Group Internship information is available on the main internships landing page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to everyone. You will receive a confirmation email of your application being received. You will be contacted if we are interested in your application.