Position: Education Intern
Reports to: School Director and Education Programs Manager
The Mark Morris Dance Group Education Department provides people of all ages and abilities access to meaningful artistic experiences. Through The School and Community Education Programs, there are unique opportunities for over 3,800 students annually to explore, create, and celebrate dance and music with professional and diverse faculty throughout Brooklyn and New York City.
As Education Intern, you have an imperative role that assists day to day operations, participates in strategic planning, and communicates the mission of Mark Morris Dance Group to our families, teachers, and community members. From observing class to representing the company, the Education Internship is a comprehensive opportunity for those invested in exploring a career in dance education.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Support day-to-day management of School Programs both on and off-site
- Assist Director of Education on master classes and outreach programs
- Staff Education events both on and off-site as needed
- Work with School Director and Education Programs Manager with database management and reporting as well maintenance of teacher and musician rosters and folders
- Field inquiries about The School’s programming
- Provide support in the studio to faculty, musicians, and teaching assistants as needed
The following is required as part of your application:
- Resume including education and work experience.
- Cover letter detailing what you would like to gain from your internship, how you would contribute to the efforts of MMDG and your availability.
- One recommendation letter
- Three references (no family members please)
- Indicate Internship - Education on the subject line of email AND in your cover letter
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at email@example.com.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- General MMDG Internship information is available on the main internships landing page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to everyone. You will receive a confirmation email of your application being received. You will be contacted if we are interested in your application.