Position: Marketing Intern
Reports to: Marketing Associate
Calling all creative types, the fast-paced marketing department at MMDG needs your help! In addition to general internship tasks as outlined below, marketing interns can further specialize in graphic design, photography/videography, and multimedia journalism, including social media and blogging.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Update marketing collateral for print and web - including brochures, calendars, postcards, press kits, banner ads, social media content etc.
- Update and maintain the Mark Morris Dance Group website
- Assist with research for marketing content
- Provide administrative assistance as needed to marketing staff.
- Candidates must be proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite of tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), Microsoft applications, Google apps, and basic website content management systems.
- Strong writing/journalism skills are a plus.
Additional specialized responsibilities can include:
- Shoot and edit photo/video footage of Dance Group activities, Dance Center and School events, and community programs.
- Design new marketing collateral, print and/or digital.
- Research potential stories and pitch interesting and relevant content for use on MMDG’s blog, website, and other social media outlets - including written articles, photos, and video.
The following is required as part of your application:
- Resume including education and work experience. **Candidates must submit a work sample along with their application demonstrating experience in graphic/web design, video or photo editing, or writing.**
- Cover letter detailing what you would like to gain from your internship, how you would contribute to the efforts of MMDG and your availability.
- One recommendation letter
- Three references (no family members please)
- Indicate Internship-Marketing (your choice focus) on the subject line of email AND in your cover letter
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- General MMDG Internship information is available on the main internships landing page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to everyone. You will receive a confirmation email of your application being received. You will be contacted if we are interested in your application.