Position: Operations Intern
As Operations Intern, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Dance Center in support of the organization’s many programs. Opportunities to take on project-based work and learn basic technical production skills are also available based on the time of year and interest. The internship will have a focus on special events, space rentals, the Work/Study program, office management, and the Wellness Center.
With a combination of administrative and hands-on responsibilities, you will learn skills that can apply to a career in event management, arts administration, production, and programming.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with office management, supporting Operations Coordinator in tracking, restocking, and maintaining inventory of office and catering supplies
- Assist with weekly reconciliation of scheduling and programming databases to ensure conflicts are avoided
- Respond to rental requests and general rental and Dance Center inquiries
- Assist with special events at the Dance Center, providing support to technical production, management and front of house teams
- Participate in standing team meetings and manage action items for short-term projects
The following is required as part of your application:
- Resume including education and work experience.
- Cover letter detailing what you would like to gain from your internship, how you would contribute to the efforts of MMDG and your availability.
- One recommendation letter
- Three references (no family members please)
- Indicate Internship - Operations on the subject line of email AND in your cover letter
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at email@example.com.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- General MMDG Internship information is available on the main internships landing page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to everyone. You will receive a confirmation email of your application being received. You will be contacted if we are interested in your application.