Position: Marketing and Digital Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
The Mark Morris Dance Group, formed in 1980, is an 18-member dance company that tours domestically and internationally. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996. Through the organization’s Access/MMDG community programming, it integrates opportunities for dance, music, talks, and education at its Brooklyn home, the Mark Morris Dance Center, as well as on tour around the world. The Dance Center, opened in 2001, also provides rehearsal space for the dance community; diverse dance and fitness offerings for adults, beginner to professional; and a school serving students ages 18 months to 18 years.
The Mark Morris Dance Group seeks a marketing superstar with excellent writing skills, demonstrated experience with audience development and project management, a passion for dance and music, a creative yet analytical mind, and a fastidious eye for detail to join its fast-paced, high-demand marketing department. The department serves the full organization, encompassing the touring Dance Group, Dance Center, and School and will be an integral part of nurturing a patron-centric institutional culture as we prepare for audience development initiatives, the launch of a multi-year fundraising campaign, and the company’s 40th anniversary in 2020.
The Marketing and Digital Media Manager is second in command of the 4-person department, working directly with the Marketing Director to oversee both print and digital campaigns and assets. The right candidate will be enthusiastic, highly organized, open to new learnings and ideas; a team player who can see the big picture while being attuned to the smallest details.
The Marketing and Digital Media Manager is a 40-hour per week position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute all email, social media, search and display advertising campaigns.
- Plan and execute social media strategy.
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals. Build reporting frameworks.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with agencies and freelancers.
- Develop and maintain content calendar.
- Help maintain website.
- In addition to digital, assist with the creation of print ads, brochures, flyers, and calendars; manage relationships with outside vendors.
- Manage interns.
- Assist with special projects – photo exhibits, experiential marketing campaigns, etc.
- Five years’ experience in marketing, preferably within the cultural sector.
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.
- Superb communication, writing, and proofing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Strong understanding of content management systems.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices.
- A creative eye, with the ability to direct freelance designers in the development of marketing materials.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop); Microsoft Office Suite; Google Analytics and AdWords; and Mailchimp.
- Self-driven and motivated; able to multitask and lead interns to extend your work.
- Ability to work as a team to further the goals of the organization as a whole.
- Basic photography, videography, and video editing skills a plus.
- Experience with a performing arts organization and/or a background in or love of dance is a plus.
- Available to work some late nights and weekends as needed.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary dental and vision coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, TransitChek.
- Free dance classes at the Mark Morris Dance Center and access to the Wellness Center, MMDG’s private exercise facility.
Please provide the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position (no generic statements)
- Complete resume, including salary history and salary requirement
- Email or social media writing and design examples and/or a digital marketing campaign you have implemented, including results.
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at email@example.com
- Indicate Marketing and Digital Media Manager on the subject line of email
- NO PHONE CALLS
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.