Position: Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Marketing Director
The Mark Morris Dance Group, formed in 1980, is an 18-member dance company that tours domestically and internationally. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996. Through the organization’s Access/MMDG programming, it integrates opportunities for dance, music, talks, and education at its Brooklyn home, the Mark Morris Dance Center, as well as on tour around the world. The Dance Center, opened in 2001, also provides rehearsal space for the dance community, diverse dance and fitness offerings for adults, beginner to professional, and a school serving students ages 18 months to 18 years.
The Mark Morris Dance Group seeks a creative, highly organized, resourceful, and enthusiastic team player with strong attention to detail to join its four-person marketing department. This dynamic and ever-growing department serves the full organization, encompassing the touring dance group, dance center, school, and community programs. The Marketing Assistant should be digitally-savvy, with some design and video editing knowledge, and have excellent communication, proofreading, and time-management skills. Our ideal candidate is motivated to produce quality work and is a flexible, forward-thinker who helps to generate new ideas and systems and gives others their respect and support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the departmental system for filing and retrieving content - photographs, videos, press articles, press quotes, etc.
- Maintain supply and in-house distribution of printed marketing collateral
- Oversee design and update of in-house flyers and monthly class calendars
- Manage email databases and assist with the creation of marketing emails
- Collaborate with Web & Social Media Coordinator to manage content across main MMDG website and special microsites
- Work with Marketing & Communications Associate on press listings, pitches, maintenance of press kits, and other press assets
- Assist with research for marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing calendar
- Oversee the development of branded merchandise and collateral
- Assist with special projects - photo and film exhibits, book projects, etc.
- 1 year experience in marketing or public relations, preferably in the cultural sector
- An understanding of marketing principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with various website CMS, including Wordpress, Squarespace and Wix
- Experience with email marketing platforms, ex. Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar
- An aesthetic eye and superb communication, writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Self-driven; able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience with a performing arts organization and/or a background in or love of dance is a plus
- Availability to work some late nights and weekends as needed
- Benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary vision and dental coverage, Pre-tax Commuter benefit and 403(b) retirement plan
- Access to the Wellness Center (on-site gym), free dance and fitness classes and subsidized studio rental rates at the Dance Center
Please provide the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position (no generic statements)
- Complete resume, including salary history and salary requirements
- Resume outlining your education and experience
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position
- Indicate Marketing Assistant in the subject line of the email
- Applications in electronic format accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No phone calls
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.