Teaching Artist Auditions
When: Wednesday, February 27 10am-12pm OR Tuesday, March 5 2-4pm. (please hold both dates)
Where: Mark Morris Dance Center, 3 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Application Deadline: Friday, February 8, 2019
The Mark Morris Dance Group is currently seeking qualified and versatile teaching artists to join the 2019 Summer Program, and 2019-2020 school year for Children & Teens programs and Community Education programs. We are also looking for Assistant Teaching Artists, Substitute teachers, and Adult Class faculty.
We are looking for dedicated dance teachers specializing in various genres. Openings include:
- Adaptive Dance for students with disabilities
- World Dance (Salsa, Bhangra, Flamenco, and others)
- Any of the other genres we offer in our programming, including Hip-Hop, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Modern, Creative Dance
The Education Programs reflect the spirit of the Mark Morris Dance Group in its celebration of dance and music. We believe that the study of various dance forms and music is essential to a child's education and development. We offer a diverse range of classes for all ages and abilities and strive to be a center of creative activity for children, community residents, and professional dancers.
- Degree in dance preferred, but not required
- At least 2 years of dance teaching experience within a diverse age group and educational settings
- Experience working with a live musician/accompanist a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of content in the genre of dance
- Strong communication skills
- The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for dance education and can commit to the duration of a program (September – June) while maintaining a consistent schedule
- Priority will be given to candidates whose career focus is dance education
If you are looking to advance your teaching practice, please apply to our Assistant Teaching Artist option. Candidates who are interested in gaining more experience prior to applying as an Assistant Teaching Artist should fill out an interest form to receive more information about the Teaching Artist Training Program.
- Commensurate with experience
- Access to affordable studio rental space; significant discounts on adult classes, intensives, workshops, and master classes offered at the Dance Center.
- Please complete the online Teaching Artist Application Form
- Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume, and sample lesson plan
- NO PHONE CALLS
- Select candidates will be invited to the audition. Those auditioning will be asked to prepare five (5) minutes of a skill-building class excerpt, while other candidates act as the students.
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.