Position: Web and Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
The Mark Morris Dance Group, formed in 1980, is an 18-member dance company that tours domestically and internationally. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996. Through the organization’s Access/MMDG community programming, it integrates opportunities for dance, music, talks, and education at its Brooklyn home, the Mark Morris Dance Center, as well as on tour around the world. The Dance Center, opened in 2001, also provides rehearsal space for the dance community; diverse dance and fitness offerings for adults, beginner to professional; and a school serving students ages 18 months to 18 years.
The Mark Morris Dance Group seeks an individual with a passion for web design, content creation, and crafting stories on social media to join its fast-paced, high-demand marketing department. The department serves the full organization, encompassing the touring dance group, dance center, and school and will be an integral part of nurturing a patron-centric institutional culture as we prepare for audience development initiatives, the launch of a multi-year fundraising campaign, and the company’s 40th anniversary in 2020.
This is a 40-hour per week position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with marketing and communications associate on crafting messages that meet institutional, fundraising, and marketing goals.
- Curate the organization’s brand across social media channels – 3 Facebook pages (Mark Morris Dance Group, Mark Morris Dance Center, Dance for PD); Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Snapchat
- Create and implement strategy to grow followers and engagement on all channels, ensuring content is aligned with marketing and fundraising initiatives
- Analyze and report monthly on results across channels
- Work with presenting organizations to produce content for use in promoting the Dance Group’s tour engagements
- Oversee digital advertising campaigns, including Google Search and Display
- Co-manage email databases with marketing staff
- Work with staff to ensure main markmorrisdancegroup.org website and microsites remain up-to-date
- Oversee platform transition, launch, and management of online store
- 1-2 years experience in social media/digital marketing, preferably in the cultural sector
- Ability to evolve techniques with the changing landscape of digital marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and various website CMS, including Squarespace and Wix
- Understanding of Facebook and Google Search & Display advertising
- Understanding of email databases, segmentation, and targeting
- Ability to use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to track results
- An aesthetic eye and superb communication, writing, and proofing skills.
- Self-driven; able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Experience with a performing arts organization and/or familiarity with the work of Mark Morris or dance is a plus.
- Flexibility to work some late nights and weekends as needed to attend events and performances.
- $33,000 - $36,500
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary dental and vision coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, TransitChek.
- Free dance classes at the Mark Morris Dance Center and access to the Wellness Center, MMDG’s private exercise facility.
Please provide the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position (no generic statements)
- Complete resume.
- Writing sample(s) of your choice to highlight skills in this area.
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate Web and Social Media Coordinator on the subject line of email
- NO PHONE CALLS
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.