MMDG's WORK/STUDY GROUP is a 10-person cohort essential to our ability to welcome and assist the many visitors to the Mark Morris Dance Center, from toddlers to seniors. Members of the Work/Study Group serve as the first point-of-contact to almost 4,000 Dance Center visitors each week and provide customer service and support for our daily programming. Group members are hired for approximately 18 weeks and serve the Front Desk and The Store by working two 4-hour shifts per week in exchange for free classes at the Dance Center, monthly professional development opportunities, and invaluable arts administration training with MMDG staff.
MMDG is looking for candidates who complement the hard-working, friendly, and supportive environment at the Mark Morris Dance Center. A successful candidate will be punctual, personable, patient, and able to operate in a rapid-fire environment while remaining calm and collected.
Work/Study applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Welcome and orient visitors, students, guests of staff, and Wellness Center clients
- Sign in adult students for class, upholding MMDG's high standard of customer service
- Assist with daily operations and facilities needs
- Communicate information on all MMDG programs, classes and services to visitors
- Answer MMDG telephone line and route calls as necessary, troubleshooting visitor requests
- Assist in maintaining Dance Center security including a visitor sign-in log for all vendors, renters, staff guests, and Wellness Center clients
- Serve as a liaison between students, renters and administrative staff
- Accept incoming mail and packages to the Dance Center
- Assist with the needs of studio renters (climate control, accessories, keys)
- Assist with inquiries and process registrations for Children/Teen and Adult classes
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to frequent changes
- Interest in working with our community (children, adults, and seniors from 2 to 92 years old)
- Ability to act with diplomacy and patience under pressure
- Presents oneself in a mature, polished, polite, friendly manner
- Extremely punctual, reliable and dedicated
- Unlimited FREE Dance and Fitness Classes
- 50% off MMDG Master Classes
- $10/hour studio rental rate
- MMDG t-shirt and discount on merchandise in The Store
Please include the following :
- Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications and defining what community means to you
- Résumé outlining your education and professional experience
- Your current weekly availability
- Indicate Work/Study on the subject line of email and body of cover letter
- Applications in electronic format accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.