Position: Store Work/Study
Application Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2018
Commitment Dates: January 15 - February 17, 2018
Orientation Meeting: Wednesday, January 10, 5-7pm
Store Work/Study positions work solely in our small, but busy onsite retail store, providing friendly customer service to parents and dance students in selecting and purchasing dancewear for the coming semester. Candidates are asked to commit to a minimum of 16 shifts within the 5-week period, but are encouratged to work as many shifts as are available. Store Work/Study receive two free classes per every 4-hour shift worked.
3pm - 7pm: 4 salespersons
8:30am - 12:30pm: 4 salespersons
11am - 3pm: 3 salespersons
- Help customers find appropriate sizes and styles of items
- Setup and maintain appearance of Store during open hours
- Restock inventory
- Assist with inquiries for Children/Teen and Adult programs
- Sell merchandise using MMDG’s point of sale system
- Interest in working with our community (children, adults, and seniors from 2 to 92 years old)
- Presents oneself in a mature, polished, polite, friendly manner
- Extremely punctual, reliable and dedicated
- Retail experience a plus; knowledge of dancewear is even better!
- Must be available to commit to the full 5-week period and the orientation.
- Two FREE Classes for every 4-hour shift. Classes can be taken through June 4, 2018.
- $10/hour rehearsal rental rate
- MMDG t-shirt and discount on merchandise in The Store
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.