As of March 26, 2020
All classes and rentals are suspended through Sunday, April 19.
As a primary home for dance and music in Brooklyn, the health and safety of our community members is a top priority. We’ve compiled a Resource List aimed at supporting, engaging, and advocating for the arts and culture sector. We will update this list as new information and opportunities become available.
Our vibrant community can now dance together online. We’ve launched a series of live and on demand classes to create new pathways to ensure the joy of dance continues for our global community.
As of March 17, 2020
While, there are no known COVID-19 cases among individuals who comprise our MMDG community, here at the Dance Center, we are taking additional measures in response to the rapidly changing situation in an effort to slow the progression of the virus.
We will continue to follow recommendations shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the NYC Health Department and other government entities and we will update this page regularly. As with many arts institutions at this time, we remain committed to providing a safe environment and plan to continue to be a resource for our community.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
As of March 11, 2020
As a primary home for dance and music in Brooklyn, the health and safety of our community members is a top priority. There are no known COVID-19 cases among individuals who comprise our MMDG community, here at the Dance Center, we are heeding recommendations shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the NYC Health Department, and other cultural institutions throughout the city to take measures designed to slow the progression of the virus. The following outlines our multi-pronged strategy.
To maintain a safe and healthy environment, and in accordance with CDC guidelines and the NYC Department of Health, we have ramped up our cleaning practices to include the following measures:
- Ensure hand-washing supplies are in working order and well stocked in all restrooms/locker rooms
- Supplied all studios with paper towels and disinfectant to sanitize objects and equipment before and after class
- Increased frequency of daily sanitation of all restrooms/locker rooms, elevator buttons, door handles, stairwell railings, water fountains as well as classroom props.
- Updated signage in restrooms/locker rooms to remind people to wash hands
- Hand Sanitizer Stations are now provided on every floor
- Water Fountain spouts are being removed to eliminate the option to drink from the fountain but still allow for bottles to be refilled. Cups are available upon request.
We have instructed our teaching teams to implement the following preventive measures during classroom activities:
- Avoid activities in class that include holding hands or touching each other
- Encourage healthy practices such as coughing into elbow and using hand sanitizer upon entry to studio
- Wipe down frequently touched surfaces at the start of each class
- Be mindful that COVID-19 can cause stress and anxiety to our students and to emphasize a positive and joyful learning environment
We have asked our Dance Center Faculty and staff to follow the guidelines below. To ensure the health and safety of our entire community, we ask you to also:
- Stay home from dance class if you’ve stayed home from work or are feeling unwell.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash your hands upon arrival to the Dance Center
- Avoid touching your face or other physical contact with classmates/co-workers
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick