BIRTHDAY PARTIES AT THE MARK MORRIS DANCE CENTER
ABOUT THE PARTY
Parties require the rental of two separate spaces in the Dance Center; a lounge space for gathering and refreshments and a studio space where the dance class will take place.
The Dance Center provides:
- access to a studio and a designated area of our lobby
- tables and chairs
- party assistant
- dance instructor
- live musician
- garbage removal
The renter is responsible for all décor, refreshments (including cake or cupcakes), paper goods, and favors. All of these items can be set-up the lounge space and must remain there for the duration of the party. Once the date has been reserved and $100 non-refundable deposit received, you will receive a contract for the event, which outlines all of our party policies. The remaining balance of your party fee is due two weeks prior to the event date.
Children’s parties are a two hours with a typical timeline of:
- 15 minutes – welcome and arrivals in the lounge space
- 45 or 60 minutes – dance class in the studio
- 45 minutes – refreshments and celebration in the lounge space
- 15 minutes – goodbyes and clean-up
You may arrive up to but no more than 30 minutes prior to the start of your rental period for set-up, and must exit at the end of the 2 hour rental.
Two weeks prior to your event we will email to finalize the details including the total number of participants. The party assistant will be your onsite point of contact on the day of the event. They will assist you with set-up and clean up, any questions you may have, keep the pace of the event on track, and monitor your belongings in the lounge space while you are participating in the dance class portion of the party.
September–May: Saturdays from 4-6pm, and school holidays
June-August: Saturdays between 10am-6:30pm, weekday availability varies You can reserve a date up to 3 months in advance.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the date of the event. The deposit will go towards the total amount due for the event. Final Payment is due 2 weeks in advance of the party. For any change of date, you will forfeit your deposit for the original date. An additional non-refundable deposit of $100 will be required to confirm a new date.
- Final Payment is due 2 weeks in advance of the party.
- A credit card is required to keep on file. Payments can be made in cash, by check (payable to MARK MORRIS DANCE GROUP) or by credit card. Final payments must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of the party. All checks returned unpaid will be subject to an additional charge of $25.
- In event of cancellation, Guest must notify Discalced, Inc. at least 2 weeks prior to the requested party date to receive a refund of any payments made, less the $100 deposit. If guest gives less than a 2 week notification of a cancellation, Discalced, Inc. reserves the right to charge the Guest half of the total amount due on the rental. Guest forfeits entire payment to Discalced, Inc. for cancellations made less than 1 week (7 days) before rental date.
- The number of participants attending the party determines the rate of the event. The total number of participants must not exceed 24 guests in the class and must be finalized no less than 2 weeks prior to the date of the party.
FOOD AND DÉCOR POLICIES
- Alcohol: You must request permission to serve alcohol no less than 1 week prior to the actual event. Alcohol must not be left unattended at any time. Alcohol may not be sold to anyone or provided to minors under any circumstances.
- Balloons: Balloons must leave with you or be disposed of properly.
- Leftovers/Garbage: All garbage must be bagged at the end of the event. Discalced Inc. will provide cans and bags, as well as staff to dispose of it. Please plan ahead to take home excessive food or beverage leftovers.
- Set-Up: You may arrive up to 30 minutes in advance of your party to set-up any decorations for the party.
- Walls: No nails or wall puncture of any kind may be installed by Guest. Painter’s tape, 3M removable hooks or Post-It sheets only may be used on the walls. PUSH PINS, SCOTCH TAPE AND DUCT TAPE ARE PROHIBITED. Guest agrees that all tape, decor and markings will be removed from the walls and floors upon completion of the rental.
- Confetti/Glitter: Confetti and glitter are prohibited in the Dance Center. MMDG reserves the right to charge a $50 cleaning fee if confetti or glitter is used/falls off of decorations, creating extra cleanup for MMDG staff.
- Use of Lobby Space: The lobby is a public space. We ask that children do not run in the lobby for their safety and the safety of all others in the lobby. Children and parents are welcome to use the studio that class was in for further dance/play time.
- Birthday Class: Your birthday class must start and end at the specific time stated in your confirmation. If you choose to start the class late, the class must still end at the specified time.
- Décor: No balloons, glitter, confetti or stickers are permitted in the dance studios at any time.
- Eating/Drinking: No food or drinks are allowed in the dance studios except bottled water. Food and drink may be consumed in the dedicated lounge spaces.
- Furniture: If you desire furniture to be moved to a particular layout or have any specific needs, furniture can be arranged with prior permission. No paths of egress are to be blocked at any time. Please discuss any questions with the Rental Manager prior to the event.
- Heat/cooling: If the temperature needs to be adjusted in any of the space(s), please inform the party assistant and they will have it adjusted. Note that temperature changes can take up to 20 min.
- Music/Noisemakers: Music and the use of amps are not allowed in the lounge, lobby or other public spaces. Noisemakers are prohibited in the lobby, as this is a public space and may be distracting to those in the lobby and also rehearsing in the studios.
- Photos: The Dance Center is a community center for many families, and we are respectful of their privacy. With this in mind, children, adults, faculty and staff may NOT be filmed or photographed without their consent. This includes incidental background footage. You may film in the approved space or studio ONLY.
- Shoes: Please remove your shoes before entering the studio. No street shoes are allowed in the studios. This applies to all participants.
- Smoking: The Mark Morris Dance Center is a smoke-free building. Smoking is only permitted outside of the building or on the terraces.
- Strollers: Limited stroller parking is available in designated areas in the Dance Center. We encourage all guests to collapse strollers down to their smallest size so that the maximum number of strollers can be accommodated. Strollers may not block paths of egress at any time.
Not Ray’s Pizza – For your standard pies, tried and true
694 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Lean Crust Pizza – more options: vegan, gluten free, etc.
737 Fulton St., Brooklyn, NY 11217