Position: Development Intern
The Development Internship provides a unique opportunity for students to gain in-depth insight into the inner-workings of contributed income for a single choreographer institution. Interns will also gain knowledge on strategies and planning for multi-year campaigns as well as direct experience with database software. In addition, interns will gain copywriting skills in donor acknowledgment, solicitation, research and grant reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist development team with all aspects of fundraising including individual and institutional cultivation and stewardship, special events, and donor database maintenance.
- Work with Development Associate: process donor gifts in Raiser’s Edge, generate acknowledgment letters, update membership records.
- Work with the Institutional Giving and Individual Giving Managers: research funding opportunities from current and prospective donors using online databases and prepare prospect profiles; prepare proposals and reports to various funding entities.
- Work with the Development Director and Development Associate for the planning and execution of special events such as building tours, donor receptions and gala events, and MMDG Open House, among others.
- Attend performances (schedule permitting)
- Provide additional administrative assistance as needed to development team.
How to Apply:
- Include a cover letter, resume outlining your education and work experience and one letter of recommendation.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- General MMDG Internship information is available on the main internships landing page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to everyone. You will receive a confirmation email of your application being received. You will be contacted if we are interested in your application.