Teacher Training

Teacher Training

Dance for PD’s acclaimed training and enrichment programs offer something for everyone interested in the intersection of dance and Parkinson’s disease. Workshops, offered in Brooklyn, throughout the U.S., and internationally, are designed to enrich, inform and inspire a diverse group of individuals who want to introduce people with Parkinson’s to the joys and benefits of a customized dance experience. Since 2007, more than 1,500 people from 35 states and 25 countries have participated in Dance for PD introductory workshops, one-day seminars, and professional development courses. Dance for PD offers a teacher training and certification program and online continuing education resources.

Dance for PD is a hands-down success. It’s one of the most important programs for Parkinson’s disease in the country.–Mary Ellen Thibodeau, RN, Executive Director, Connecticut and Rhode Island APDA

This workshop was all the things one could ask for… Well organized, thoughtful in its content, well balanced in presentation, practice and break and network time. I left feeling informed, educated and inspired.—J.B., 2011 workshop participant, Philadelphia

This was one of the best trainings I ever had. I can’t believe that my work as a nurse has given me an opportunity like going to Brooklyn and meeting professional dancers in the MMDG! Thank you all for giving your time (a 3 day weekend no less!), energy, and gifts of dance, music, and empathy!—Lynn K., RN, 2010 workshop participant

To learn more about the Dance for PD training program or to register for a workshop, please click here.