Yuka Kameda began tapping at the age of 10 in her native city Osaka, Japan. In 2003, she saw the movie TAP and the musical Bring in Da Noise Bring in Da Funk, which introduced her to her passion, Rhythm Tap. She joined the funk tap dance company Beis Crew in 2004 and performed throughout Japan. In 2005, Yuka moved to New York City, performing at venues such as the Lincoln Center, Joe’s Pub, Symphony Space, Aaron Davis Hall, Knitting Factory among others. Yuka was a member of Mable Lee’s Dancing Ladies and has performed in the New York Tap Extravaganza and the New York City Tap Festival. Yuka was also a member of Dormeshia Sumbry Edward’s Sophisticated Ladies and has performed weekly at the world famous Cotton Club. Yuka’s latest highlights include the New York Tap Extravaganza and the Blue Note as a solo tap dancer and the Colbert Report on Comedy Central and Jazz at Lincoln Center Spring Gala orchestrated by Wynton Marsalis, choreographed by Jared Grimes. Most recently, Yuka was a member of Tapestry, the world’s only full-time professional repertory tap dance company based in Austin, TX. Yuka is now back in NYC and very excited to be a part of MMDG. To learn more about Yuka, visit yukakameda.com
Intro to Tap (On Demand)
Please note classes are available through video on demand.
- Access details will be emailed to you on the first day of class.
- The day and time of the class is when the weekly video will be released to you.
- The videos are pre-recorded and you can access them at your convenience to participate in class at the best time for you.
- Video access will remain available until August 16
- Extensions on video access are not available.