Conveniently located to public transportation in the heart of the Brooklyn Cultural District, the Dance Center rents its three largest studios for informal showings: The James and Martha Duffy Performance Space, Robert W. Cole Studio, and Studio C. Each studio is available for audiences of 10 or more. The beautiful studio space and the support of our staff are a great combination for any successful showing.
Currently, The James and Martha Duffy Performance Space is available for rent every Saturday from 4:00-6:30pm. Other times and studios are limited in availability. Please call or email for more information and bookings.
Sizing and Seating Capacity
James and Martha Duffy Performance Space Seats 50 60’ X 60’ (3,600 sq. ft.)
Robert W. Cole Studio Seats 65 38’ X 51’ (1,938 sq. ft.)
Studio C Seats 45 30’ X46’ (1,380 sq. ft)
· Sound/video playback
· Folding Chairs
· Customizable Seating (Duffy Only)
· Triple-basket weave sprung sub floors, covered with a Marley-type PVC dance floor
· Access to restrooms, lockers, and showers
· Natural Light
· Portable Barres available in Duffy and fixed barres available in Cole and Studio C
· Pianos (upright pianos in Robert W. Cole Studio and Studio C, grand piano in Duffy)
· Tables and coatracks upon request (no extra charge)
Post Showing Receptions
While food and drink are not allowed in the studios, there is the ability to use receptions areas adjacent or near your rental space. For Studio C and Robert W. Cole use of the reception area is an added fee but for Duffy, the reception area is included. The renter is responsible for all décor, refreshments and paper/plastic. All of these items must be set up in the reception space in advance and remain there for the duration of the rental.
· Showings do not include lighting or access to the lighting grid. Lighting is for performances only.
· MMDG will provide labor to set-up and strike chairs. Allow a minimum of 30 minutes for both set-up and strike. All set- up and strike time must be included in the rental.