Position: Facility Team Member
Reports to: Facility Manager
Founded in 1980, the Mark Morris Dance Group is a 20-member dance company headquartered at the Mark Morris Dance Center in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. The Mark Morris Dance Center, opened in September 2001, is home to the Mark Morris Dance Group, The School, a Studio Rental program and a Wellness Center. The Dance Center provides 160 weekly classes serving 1,800 children ages 18 months – 18 years. The Adult Program serves approximately 700 students per week through a variety of classes, workshops, master classes, and intensives.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform general cleaning of our dance studios and offices spaces as well as assist with general building maintenance. There are Part Time day and evening shifts available as well as a Full-time position. Applicants must have prior office cleaning experience, an eye for details and a great work ethic.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to request for assistance from front desk on radio
- Cleaning (floors, walls, windows, bathrooms, and kitchen)
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors
- Dusting and wiping surfaces
- Buffing and shampooing floors
- Trash collection and removal
- Operation of light and heavy-duty equipment
- Cleaning outside building including sidewalk and terrace
- Stock paper and soap products in restrooms and kitchen
- Ensure that trash cans are clean, free of odor and lined
- Snow removal
- Event set-up with tables, chairs, etc...
- Assist other employees as needed for Dance Center programs
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years Professional Office Cleaning experience
- Bi-lingual a Plus (English & Spanish)
- Ability for hands-on work, including lifting weight more than 50 pounds and climbing ladders up to 18 feet
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to work as a team player and be willing to support organization activities
Please contact Mark Sacks, Facility Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-831-8277
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.