NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL AND SPRING INTERNSHIPS
Spring Internship Application Deadline: January 16, 2017
Internships are hosted year-round. Beginning/End dates will be mutually agreed upon but generally occur within 3 trimester periods – Fall, Spring and Summer.
A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for 12 weeks is required for most internships.
The Mark Morris Dance Group, formed in 1980, is an 18-member dance company that tours domestically and internationally. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996. Through the organization’s Access/MMDG programming, it integrates opportunities for dance, music, talks, and education at its Brooklyn home, the Mark Morris Dance Center, as well as on tour around the world. The Dance Center, opened in 2001, also provides rehearsal space for the dance community, diverse dance and fitness offerings for adults, beginner to professional, and a school serving students ages 18 months to 18 years.
MMDG is seeking qualified undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates interested in gaining Arts Administration experience. Internships are currently available in these areas of concentration: Development, Education, Marketing, Operations, and Dance for PD.
While internships are typically based within one department, participants will get a broad view of the overall workings of the organization through their involvement with various special projects and events.
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English)
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and general internet proficiency
- Ability to act responsibly, reliably, and efficiently within an office environment
- Interest in working in the dance, music, theater, or performing arts industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Unlimited dance classes at the Mark Morris Dance Center
- Access to Wellness Center fitness equipment and mat area
- Discounted Master Classes, workshops, and pre-professional intensives (subject to availability)
- $10/hour subsidized studio rental rate
- Discount on premium dancewear and MMDG merchandise in The Store
- Discount at neighborhood Community Perks partners
Please email email@example.com with questions.
Discalced, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All Discalced, Inc. employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, military status, religion, disability, marital status, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.