NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNSHIPS
Internships are hosted year-round. Beginning/End dates will be mutually agreed upon but generally occur within 3 trimester periods – Fall, Spring, and Summer.
A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for 12 weeks is required for most internships.
The Mark Morris Dance Group, formed in 1980, is an 18-member dance company that tours domestically and internationally. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996. Through the organization’s Access/MMDG programming, it integrates opportunities for dance, music, talks, and education at its Brooklyn home, the Mark Morris Dance Center, as well as on tour around the world. The Dance Center, opened in 2001, also provides rehearsal space for the dance community, diverse dance and fitness offerings for adults, beginner to professional, and a school serving students ages 18 months to 18 years.
MMDG is seeking qualified undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates interested in gaining Arts Administration experience. Internships are currently available in these areas of concentration:
While internships are typically based within one department, participants will get a broad view of the overall workings of the organization through their involvement with various special projects and events.
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (English)
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and general internet proficiency
- Ability to act responsibly, reliably, and efficiently within an office environment
- Interest in working in the dance, music, theater, or performing arts industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Unlimited dance classes at the Mark Morris Dance Center
- Discounted Master Classes, workshops, and pre-professional intensives (subject to availability)
- $10/hour subsidized studio rental rate
- Discount on premium dancewear and MMDG merchandise in The Store
- Discount at neighborhood Community Perks partners
Please email email@example.com with questions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.