Accompanied by live music.
- Comfortable clothing in which you can easily move. Leotard / tights / ballet skirt optional
- Ballet slippers or thin socks
For true beginner students, this class is the perfect introduction to the fundamentals of ballet. Develop your skillset in traditional dance elements in a non-competitive, fun environment with live musical accompaniment. A great choice for newcomers and students looking to refresh their technique after an extended hiatus from dancing.
- Comfortable clothing in which you can easily move
ballet slippers or bare feet
Already completed the 6-Week Intro Series? Try our On Demand 3-Class Packs.
Intro to Ballet (On Demand)
October 12 - November 30, 2020 12:00 am
- Access details will be emailed to you on the first day of class.
- The day and time of the class is when the weekly video will be released to you.
- The videos are pre-recorded and you can access them at your convenience to participate in class at the best time for you.
- Video access will remain available until November 30.
- Teaching Artist Cara Surico
A great opportunity for the recreational dancer to hone one’s skills or for the professional dancer to re-examine the basics. Beginner Ballet assumes knowledge of basic ballet vocabulary and provides an opportunity to expand practice and sense of artistry.
This class is for students who have taken the Intro to Ballet Series or have some experience with ballet.
Perfect for both classical and contemporary dancers, this class teaches students to fuse traditional ballet vocabulary with modern dance techniques. The class begins with a robust ballet barre that emphasizes warming up the spine and takes a less vertical approach than a traditional barre. Particular attention will be paid to musicality and phrasing.
Ideal for both the contemporary and classical dancers at the advanced and professional level, Advanced Ballet follows the structure of a traditional ballet class, placing emphasis on rhythm and musicality. Students are provided with a challenging and engaging technique class within a fun, energetic, and supportive dance community.
Take a trip back in time with the 18th century baroque class. This class focuses on the classical baroque suites of the late 17th and 18th centuries. Learn the poise, elegance, and grace associated with this time period while accompanied by classical music. A fun class for all levels, including actors looking to develop their knowledge and expand their movement vocabulary for a set time period.