4:00pm - 6:00pm
James and Martha Duffy Performance Space – Mark Morris Dance Center
3 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, New York
Don’t miss Body Orchestra, the culminating performance of the Mark Morris Dance Group’s Arts Immersion program. Body Orchestra features dances choreographed, performed, and produced solely by teens.
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Doors open at 3:30pm
- 10 student choreographed pieces
- One additional work, choreographed by Nicole Restani and Calvin A. Rollins II, Arts Immersion’s lead teaching artists, with live music..
Includes a post-performance reception.
- All seats are general admission.
- Your RSVP guarantees you seats for the performance.
- A limited number of tickets will be available on-site before the performance on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you need special accommodations, please call Alex Cook, Community Programs Director, 718.624.8400 x247.
About MMDG’s Arts Immersion Program:
Students in this free program delve deeply into all aspects of dance, production, and arts administration over the course of 33 weeks, from October through June, gaining valuable experience and exposure in NYC’s performing arts arena. The sixteen participants, ages 13-18, were selected through application, met weekly to study with faculty and staff at the Mark Morris Dance Center, choreographer Mark Morris, and Dance Group company members. The June 22 performance is the wrap up of all of these students’ hard work.
Arts Immersion is made possible with support from: