Don't miss SEEN, the culminating performance of the Mark Morris Dance Group's Arts Immersion program. SEEN features dances choreographed, performed, and produced solely by teens, plus a work by Mark Morris.
Stay after the show to meet the dancers over snacks and refreshments.
• 12 student choreographed pieces
• An excerpt from Canonic 3/4 Studies (1982), a Mark Morris repertory piece set on the Arts Immersion students
with Live Musical Accompaniment
About MMDG's Arts Immersion Program:
Students in this free program delve deeply into all aspects of dance, production, and arts administration over the course of 35 weeks, from October through July, gaining valuable experience and exposure in NYC's performing arts arena. The thirteen participants, ages 13-18, were selected through application, met weekly to study with faculty and staff at the Mark Morris Dance Center, choreographer Mark Morris, and Dance Group company members. The program culminated in a 3-week summer performance lab that was student-driven, created, and produced. The July 21 performance is the wrap up of all of these students' hard work.
Arts Immersion is made possible with support from:
- All seats are general admission.
- Your RSVP guarantees you seats for the performance.
- A limited number of tickets will be available on-site before the performance on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you need special accommodations, please call Education Programs Coordinator, Rachel Merry, 718.624.8400 x246.