Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access
Discover the ways we are continuously learning and implementing practices within our daily work and institutional policies and procedures.
- Provide staff-wide IDEA training and stipends to staff for independent IDEA training and learning
- Created an organizational Code of Conduct and updated the faculty Code of Conduct
- Launched anonymous ethics and whistleblower through third-party reporting system
- Hired an employee assistance program, to provide employees with access to mental health and wellbeing counseling
- Re-activated our Employee Resource Group, the Work Life and Culture Committee (WLCC), to foster a company culture that is inclusive, equitable, and prioritizes wellbeing and work-life balance
- Ongoing review of hiring practices to ensure equitable and inclusive skills-based interviews
- Created transparent pay scales, for staff, dancers, and apprentices
- Developing a Land Acknowledgement statement and practice in collaboration with indigenous organizations
- Prioritizing hiring Minority & Women-Owned Business (MWOB) vendors and service providers for facilities, suppliers, and capital projects.
- Added Dance Center accessibility details to our Visit the Dance Center page
- Completed a digital accessibility audit and implemented contrast updates and alt text for some images on our website; installed UserWay accessibility plug-in to the website.
- Relaunched our Dance for PD website
- Providing faculty on-going professional development in:
- Adaptive and Inclusive teaching practices
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy to ensure teaching practices center students’ voices and learning styles.
- Employing the four learning modalities within each lesson plan (aural, kinesthetic, tactile, and visual)
- Hiring Assistant Teaching Artists as an additional resource in the classroom and to model adaptations and modifications as needed
- Added a third party ethics hotline and general suggestion box
- Regular and transparent reporting on this website
- We are in the process of completing an ESG Consultation (started in 2022) from which we will have measurable benchmarks for our work in relation to Environment, Social and Governance.