The Mark Morris Dance Center, located in the heart of Brooklyn’s Cultural District, welcomes visitors year-round. We offer several packages for groups which include:
- Discounted drop-in class rates
- Private master classes taught by our renowned faculty
- MMDG master classes, taught by members of the Mark Morris Dance Group
- Private tours of our state-of-the-art facilities
The Dance Center offers a diverse selection of more than 50 classes per week, taught by a faculty composed of some of New York’s most skilled and experienced teachers. All classes have the option of live musical accompaniment in our state of the art, column-free, wood-sprung floored studios. Classes at the Dance Center provide a unique experience in New York City, attracting professional dancers, dance students, and dance and fitness enthusiasts alike.
Drop-In Classes for Groups
Register for any of our Adult Weekly Classes and Workshops as a group of 6 or more and receive $2 off the drop-in rate for each individual.
All classes on our regular schedule are open to dancers ages 14 and older.
Private Master Classes for Groups
Groups can choose a 60, 90, or 120-minute class with one of our world-renowned faculty members. The Dance Center offers a wide range of dance styles to choose from; Ballet, Modern Dance, Jazz Dance, Hip-Hop, Tap Dance, African and more. Students can experience a more intimate and tailored approach for their group. Classes are priced based on length of time and number of students. Musical accompaniment to class is available for an additional fee.
60 minute class:
Group of 6-14 dancers: $225
Group of 15-24 dancers: $315
Group of 25-39 dancers: $385
Group of 40 or more dancers: $440
90 minute class:
Group of 6-14 dancers: $250
Group of 15-24 dancers: $335
Group of 25-39 dancers: $410
Group of 40 or more dancers: $465
120 minute class:
Group of 6-14 dancers: $275
Group of 15-24 dancers: $360
Group of 25-39 dancers: $430
Group of 40 or more dancers: $490
To book a group class, please contact email@example.com.
MMDG Master Classes for Groups
Experience the genius of Mark Morris by working directly with one of the MMDG company members. This unique package includes a 60-minute Modern Dance class followed by a 45-minute Mark Morris repertory class. Students will learn phrases and sections from some of the 150+ works Mark Morris has created on his dance group. Concluding each MMDG Master Class will be a Q&A with the instructor and a tour of the facilities. Packages are customizable and are priced accordingly. Please contact Alex Cook to design your personalized class.
Arrange a private tour of our bustling Dance Center. The 5 floor facility, designed by architects from Beyer Blinder Belle, houses 7 dance studios, 3 lounges, 2 terraces, administrative offices, a wellness center and several ancillary spaces that all serve our mission and our community. As you explore the home of the Mark Morris Dance Group, you will get a glimpse into the inner workings and activities of the organization, learn about our programs and history of the building, view archival, one-of-a-kind photos and artwork of the Dance Group, and much more. We’ve given tours to all types of groups – arts administrators, visiting dance companies, facility management teams, staff retreats, architecture and design students, and walking tour groups. To schedule a guided tour, please contact Elise Gaugert, Director of Events and Venue Operations.
Private and Group Policies:
A private or group lesson must be scheduled at least 3 weeks prior to the requested date. Requests are processed in the order they are recieved. Requests do not guarentee that there is a space or a faculty member available for requested date.
- PRIVATES/GROUPS are required to put a credit card on file with MMDG when scheduling lesson. PRIVATE/GROUPS can choose to pay by check no less than 2 weeks prior to the lesson.
- MMDG will charge the card on file within 3 days of the lesson. In the event that a fee is owed for an unpaidbill, cancellation, studio damages, or innapropriate use of space.
- In case of cancellation or schedule change, PRIVATE/GROUPS must notify MMDG Director of Education at least 7 (one week) days prior to the requested lesson date. PRIVATE/GROUP forfeits entire payment to MMDG for canellations or schedule changes made less than 7 days before lesson date.
- All payments are to be made either by cash, by check payable to MARK MORRIS DANCE GROUP, or credit card. All checks are returned unpaid for any reason will be subject to an additional charge of $15.
- In the event of a cancellation by MMDG, best efforts will be made to reschedule. In the event the class can’t be rescheduled, MMDG will provide a full refund to PRIVATE/GROUP.