INTERNSHIPS WITH THE MARK MORRIS DANCE GROUP
Internships at Mark Morris Dance Group are back! Check back on November 3 for details on Spring opportunities!
Spring Term Application Window: November 3-21, 2022
Spring Term: January 11-May 28, 2022
Interns are an important part of the MMDG community. MMDG makes a commitment to providing project-based, meaningful work with a focus on career development for all interns. Participants will experience a broad overview of the organization through involvement with various special projects and events. Interns receive direct supervision and participate in regular check-ins with their on-site supervisor. Many have gone on to enjoy successful careers in the nonprofit performing arts sector.
- Internships are hosted year-round for Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer terms.
- Applicants must be 18+ and authorized to work in the US.
- MMDG’s internships require a commitment of 15-20 hours per week, but shorter or longer commitments will be approved on a case by case basis.
- Internship opportunities for high school students are provided to our Arts Immersion Alumni and through our partnerships with Exploring the Arts, Exalt Youth, and Cristo Rey High School.
Benefits: What Our Program Has To Offer
- Access to an anchor cultural institution in Brooklyn, New York and networking opportunities within the Brooklyn Cultural District
- Applicable workforce training in the areas of programming, artist services, fundraising, administration/business administration, company management, event planning and marketing
- Individualized career mentorship and guidance from leaders in the field
- Unlimited free adult dance and somatic technique classes as well as discounts to Master Classes and Intensives at the Mark Morris Dance Center
- Access to special MMDG events and performances
You are a great candidate for our Internship Program if you are any of the following:
- Current students and recent graduates who are pursuing a career in the performing arts, arts education, or arts administration
- Individuals who are seeking an opportunity to gain applicable skills for work in the nonprofit arts sector
- Professionals and life-long learners who are looking to engage with the arts and put their skills to use
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.